Monday, February 12, 2007

When the weather outside is frightful.......


It has been snowing here for almost a full week now. When I look out onto my deck, the patio chairs have nearly 6 inches of snow piled up on them. This is in fact the snowiest winter I've experienced in the last ten years. Here in Lethbridge we are reliant on warm Chinook winds blowing through to dig us out of the snow. Actually, our municipal government has little money set aside for things such as plowing the roads and sanding slippery intersections. So suffice it to say that this little spell of abundant percipitation has made getting out to train a challenge. But being a brave girl I venture out onto the snowy streets. Charging my minivan toward the gym and praying my traction control won't fail. My husband thinks I'm deranged of course. I think I'm dedicated. I just hope that it won't be this snowy for the upcoming Moonlight run or I'll need some snow shoes to navigate my way through Indian Battle park.

No comments: