Friday, May 18, 2007

T minus 72 hours....


There are only three days left until Brad and I begin our week long nutrition program. I'm preparing by writing grocery lists and budgeting time on the weekend for making soup and doing other food prep. Brad sees Monday approaching with some sort of impending doom and is in some ways gorging himself on his favorite comfort foods that he is not allowed during our week of high octane nutrition. Last night he requested I bring home deli style potatoe salad for him. YUCK!! As I sat there and watched him ingest patatoes coated in mayonaise I silently willed Monday to get here faster.
Here's the Soup Recipe
2 cans stewed tomatoes
3 green onions
1 can fat free beef broth
1 bunch celery
2 cans green beans
2 lb carrots
2 green peppers
Chop veggies and place in pot with beef broth and tomatoes. Cover with water. Bring to a fast boil, reduce heat and simmer until vegetables are tender. Season with worchestershire sauce, garlic or pepper.

No comments: