Sunday, March 18, 2007

bring on the rain


This morning I woke up to what I consider a pleasant surprise. Instead of snow, the clouds that rolled in over night sprinkled a gentle rain onto the sleeping town of Lethbridge. As I came downstairs I was so thrilled to see a wet deck and water droplets clinging to my window. I love the rain. Mostly because it reminds me of one of my favorite places on earth; the west coast of Canada. Unlike snow, the rain represents renewal to me. It washes away build up and leaves everything fresh and vibrant. With the first day of spring approaching, this rain was the perfect way to lift my spirits for the new season. I love the crisp, light, cool feeling the earth has when I step outside after a rain. One of my favorite indulgences is to run in the rain because it's so healing. The sounds, smells and sights of rain work wonders. This morning I feel calm, serene and totally energized. All thanks to a little bit of water that fell out of the sky.

No comments: