Thursday, March 22, 2007

A Natural Born Athlete


This is Elle my soon to be three year old daughter. All parents dream of greatness for their children so today I beamed with pride while at gym class several coaches and parents commented on my little girls natural athletic ability.


Elle is soccer obsessed and loves to kick a soccer ball around. She is already able to dribble, kick with the inside and outside of her foot, toe stop and aim and score on a net. She has a vast supply of energy and can literally run and chase a ball for hours on end. She loves to move and it brings me so much joy to see her having fun. The other day when I returned home from a run Elle had just woken up from her nap. She was mad at me for not taking her running and then insisted that she run all the way to the bus stop to fetch her sister. As I walked behind her she would turn around and shout "hurry up mom". I can't wait until she is old enough to join a soccer league and say with complete confidence that she will likely complete her first 5km race at the age of 4 or 5.


I hope that Elle will continue to enjoy physical activity. I think that it will bring her a sense of achievement as she continues to grow. While I'm content to let her find her own path in life the dreamer in me thinks it would be pretty swell if some day my little girl achieved Olympic glory.

No comments: