Monday, March 26, 2007

Friends of the Moonlight


This is a picture of one of my proudest moments. This past Saturday night my oldest daughter joined the ranks of recreational athletics and completed her first 6km road race. With the help of her two best friends and my fantastic babysitters, Chloe crossed the finish line in 49:32. She was the first six year old girl to cross the finish line and placed 19/56 in her age category (top 20!!!). The best part of the whole evening? Chloe had a blast. Since I crossed the finish line in 36:50 I stood and waited anxiously for her and her friends to appear. As soon as they did I was the loudest person out there, cheering them on as they ran down the home stretch. The biggest reward for me was seeing an ear to ear grin on Chloe's face as he came across the line. This is a fantastic accomplishment for her and the other young girls she ran with. She's already talking about her next race, I couldn't be happier to hear that.

1 comment:

Squirrelly Girly said...

That's so great! You must be busting at the seems with pride.

In other news. . .I have been meaning to tell you how much I enjoy your blog. I find you have a very natural writing style and are very eloquent.