Saturday, July 21, 2007

I love the lake


We are lucky enough to have close family friends with a cabin at Christina Lake. We are even luckier that they are hospitable enough to host us for a couple days each summer. And even though it is not our place, I look forward to my time out there each year.
It was a little crowded with all the kids running around but that was a small price to pay to be surrounded by utterly beautiful landscape. I was able to enjoy a run to the marina, a night of visiting with friends over a bottle of wine on the dock, swimming in the bath tub warm water, and delicious meals out on the deck. I slept like a log each night and have returned home feeling totally rejuvenated.
Getting a cabin of our own is a dream of mine and Brads'. Until we can afford it, I'm grateful for the generosity of my friends and those stolen moments of peace on the shore of Christina Lake.

No comments: