Monday, August 6, 2007

You're Only As Old as You Feel



This is a picture of me and my Dad celebrating my 30th birthday in New York City. I have to admit I had a lot of "issues" with the idea of turning 30. I didn't want to end my 20s and kiss the the last part of my youth good bye (or so I thought).

As it turns out being 30 is not so bad. I don't feel any different and I think I have retained my youthful "joie de vivre". And although I will jokingly be 29 & holding forever, I have found a website that actually gives some literal advice about just how young I actually am. www.realage.com is a free website that lets you take a test to calculate your actual age as opposed to your chronological age. After the test is done they offer you tips and suggestions on how to lower your age and live a longer life. According to my "Real Age" test while I am chronologically 30.2, I am physiologically 25.2. I have magically added 5 years to my life by living well. Lifestyle choices that have lowered my real age are my decisions to exercise regularly, be socially active, eat well and manage my health. I am working everyday to keep feeling fit and young. So even though I am not chronologically living my roaring 20s anymore, it's nice to know that thanks to my good decisions I can actually be 25 & holding for a while!

No comments: