Thursday, August 2, 2007

Expert Advice


As a self proclaimed kinesiology geek I am pretty comfortable directing my training. Currently my training goal is to complete a half marathon this October in Victoria. Things have been going quite well and I have been confident that I will breeze through to my two hour finish time. But even kinesiology geeks need coaching sometimes! That's why I turned to a colleague and mentor for some helpful advice. Lori has her Masters degree in exercise physiology and successfully runs a small fitness operation in Lethbridge. She is fairly busy with training a wide variety of clients so I was grateful for the chance to meet with her to discuss my training. We had a very productive meeting and I was happy to receive her endorsement. It is always reassuring to hear from a colleague that you are on the right track. But most of all I appreciated her little nuggets of wisdom that will tweak my training and improve my performance on race day. I was flattered to be called an athlete by her and appreciated the time she took to answer my questions and boost my confidence.
Yes even so called kinesiology geeks like me need a little help and at times like this I'm glad that I can turn to another expert for a push in the right direction.

No comments: