Tuesday, December 19, 2006

I want to be followed....


I love being a mother and am especially thrilled to have 3 girls. Like all parents I have dreams for my daughters as they grow up. One of these dreams is that like me, my girls will grow to love running. I look forward to sharing with them the thrill of a run at dawn on a summer morning or during a gentle spring rain. I want the pictures of the 4 of us in our running clothes and race bibs smiling together. Most of all I hope that they will learn to love running as a means to a healthy lifestyle. I think all parents want their children to grow up and live a healthy lifestyle. Running is something that I do for myself but I also do it with the hope that my girls will follow my lead and set off on a path to a long & prosperous life. Whenever I'm feeling unmotivated I try to remind myself that there are three little people watching me. This above all else keeps me going

No comments: