Tuesday, January 16, 2007

The 5 female athletes I admire most.....


1. Chloe, my daughter. She has a natural talent for swimming. She has just started on a path to competitive swimming and she is loving it. Being in the water makes her joyful. I know she's going to be famous.
2. Heidi, my running protege. When Heidi and I started running together she didn't think she'd be able to run a mile. Now she's talking about running her first half marathon and is loving her new sport. I'm so proud of her.
3. Kristin Armstrong. Lance's ex has made it cool for the average girl to be a jock. She's a mom, a career woman and totally down to earth when she writes. I'd love to meet her so I could tell her that she's an inspiration.
4. Bobbi Gibb. For being a woman's running pioneer. Everyday I'm thankful that she opened so man doors for us.
5. Deena Kastor. Amazing athlete hands down. I wish I could
have one tenth of her talent.

No comments: