Friday, January 19, 2007

Wherever & Whenever

This week has not been a good time to get to the gym. With baby Scarlett not feeling well and a million other things on the go I always seemed to not have the time. Then when I did have the opportunity to go my husband would declare that he had something to do and couldn't stay home with the girls. By this morning I was feeling really depressed and a little guilty but I wasn't going to loose another day of exercise.

I started on the right foot with my first yoga class. Because it is a beginner class we moved slowly and got as far as breathing and one fascia release posture so I didn't get as much activity as I would have liked.

Tonight I decided to take charge of my destiny and do something about the lack of activity in my day. I tossed on some dance music and had my girls join me in the living room for some impromptu aerobics. I did 40 minutes of aerobic dance (enough to get my HR up and break a sweat) and then abdominal exercises and stretching. I finished feeling fantastic and I really had tons of fun working out with my kids. I feel that I not only accomplished something for myself and my body but I accomplished something for my children. Tonight I taught them a direct lesson in fun and fitness and that makes me feel great!

1 comment:

jaylene said...

That's fabulous! I really belive it is so much easier to maintain physical activity as an adult if it becomes a part of our lives as children.