Tuesday, January 2, 2007

Goal # 2 To Run a Strong Race in March


This goal involves my running and overall cardiovascular training.


In order to prepare for this year's "moonlight run" (my first race) I need to restablish my base mileage and rebuild my endurance. I am still undecided as to the distance I should tackle (6 or 10km) but know for sure that I must continue running on a regular basis in order to make gains.


Here is my plan:

1)To run two tempo runs each week (30 - 35 minutes in length with a pace between 5.5 - 6.0 mph)

2) To have one long run each week (60 minutes minimum with a pace between 5.0 - 5.4 mph)

3)To do one set of hill training each week (1 mile easy warm up 4 100m repeats on a hill)


I plan to do this running work out until the end of February 2006. At this time I will reassess my CV fitness and adjust accordingly. If my mind and body feel ready at this time I will aslo add interval training to build my speed.


My countdown to the moonlight run is on!

1 comment:

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

You know I am going through something similar right now. I just feel like I have lost my mojo. I want to do the 10mile at the LCC Flaman run, but think I have lost a bunch of my milage base from not running as regularily as I have. I am wondering if I shouldn't just adjust. But that seems like quitting.