Monday, May 28, 2007

Go Runner Girl Go!!


Yesterday our family participated in the 2nd Music for the Soul marathon.
Since I am still building my mileage I opted to volunteer in the therapy tent. I massaged tons of runners and met some really interesting people and accomplished athletes,
Chloe ran in the 2.2km kids marathon. Over the last few months she's accumulated 40km running on her own time in order to finish her final leg of marathon running at the race. She did really well and we couldn't be more proud. She is really proud of herself too. Today she donned her race shirt and packed her medal and race number in her backpack to show her friends at school. She was so pumped that when we came home yesterday she did a four mile bike ride along side mom while I ran. Congrats Chloe, you're a star!!

3 comments:

Squirrelly Girly said...

That's awesome for Chloe! You must be bustin' with pride!

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

Congratulations Chloe!!!

40Km!! That is awesome! If you ever get bored running with your Mom, you just give me a call. I am not as fast as your Mom, but I have better gossip!

Kris said...

Congratulations Chloe, that is an accomplishment!