Monday, May 21, 2007

Vitality Day One


As day one draws to a close I am pretty proud of us for getting off to such a good start. Brad had to work extra hard at not caving in since he worked last night and then got little sleep today. My dad was down helping us work on the basement and Brad successfully turned down chips, beer and just the temptation to eat junk food to give him an artificial energy lift.
One of my main goals with this nutrition plan is to make sure we're not depriving ourselves of energy. Since we are dealing with huges demands on our energy supply whether it be at work or at home with the kids, adequate fuel is a must. So I sent Brad off to work his night shift with his baked chicken, brown rice & broccoli plus three different kinds of fruit and some probiotic yogurt to snack on.
I just finished my chicken dinner and it was YUMMY if I do say so myself. Later I will indulge in a little fresh fruit too. Alas my fruit will not be accompanied by a glass of white wine but I'll survive!!

No comments: