Thursday, May 31, 2007

My secret favorite tv show


At the suggestion of some of my students I hesitantly tuned in to watch "Dog the Bounty Hunter", to get a look at his apparently legendary mullet & his wife's monstrously huge breasts. Typically this is not the type of show I would watch. In fact I think that the only people who routinely select programming that features leathery looking ex cons and their bleach blonde wives reside in dwellings classified according to how many axels they have. But now I am addicted and can't stop.
Dog and his crew kept me company many nights while I sat in a hospital room at LRH nursing a tiny baby and to this day Scarlett can be lulled to sleep by Ozzy belting out the theme song. I love the action, the goofy looking beads he wears in his hair and the sleazy people he "takes down". So in spite of my tendencies to enjoy more intelligent forms of entertainment there is nothing better in the middle of a long sleepless night than spending a little time with my friendly neighborhood bounty hunter.

No comments: