Monday, May 14, 2007

The Vitality Eating Plan


In the spirit of Spring Cleaning, I have challenged my husband to do five days of healthy eating with me. This is NOT a diet but rather a commitment to eat only healthy foods at every meal and snack for five days. I have borrowed recipes and ideas from other eating plans (I despise the word diet) and designed something that I think is feasible for us to maintain.
Here's the plan:
Breakfast: Activia yogurt with bran buds and fruit (any fruit you like)
Lunch: The sacred heart soup (stay tuned for the recipe) and a whole wheat roll (no butter)
Dinner: Day 1 - baked chicken & brown rice, Day 2 - baked potato (plain), broiled peppers & mushrooms, steamed broccoli, Day 3 - grilled portabello mushroom caps, steamed asparagus, brown rice, Day 4 - broiled mushrooms & peppers, brown rice, Greek salad (no feta), Day 5 - baked potato, grilled chicken, steamed broccoli
Authorized snacks: smoothies (made with fruit & soy milk), dried apricots & unsalted almonds, yogurt, fresh fruit, veggies sticks
Authorized beverages: water, unsweetened fruit juice, skim milk, soy milk, skim chocolate milk, V8 juice, plain tea
The purpose of this diet is not for weight loss, it's just to improve our energy and make us feel more alive!
We start next Monday check in to see how we're doing!

1 comment:

Squirrelly Girly said...

Gasp! no coffee or diet soda!! Damn, you ARE Healthy!! I think my body would collapse if it were denied caffeine.