Wednesday, April 18, 2007

I am the "Indoctrinator"


Over the last few years I have acquired a reputation as the person to go to if you want to learn about running. It all started when my friend Heidi was looking for a fitness program she could stick to and it kind of snowballed from there. I am now directly or indirectly responsible for getting over a dozen people started on a running program.
Today I am welcoming a new member into the fold. Teresa is mother to one of Chloe's friends and is ready to take her first tentative steps into the running world. And so I am going to meet her equipped with my best running lore and facts, my super cool hi-tech running gadgets and of course my old faithful running shoes. Our first run will only be 30 minutes but I am optimistic that will be all the time I need to help her find "the runner within" and help her become an athlete for life.

1 comment:

Heidi Schempp Fournier said...

Good luck, Teresa. I am sure she will be gentle with you!