Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Only one way to go

Ah interval training. A great way to get a mega calorie burn in a relatively quick session. You can't interval train forever so it needs to be part of your periodization routine. I am in an interval cycle right now and am totally enjoying the challenge. I love the fact that because speed intervals are supposed to be short and intense that I can really push myself. Today for example I did four 2 minute intervals at a 7:30 mph pace. So over a mile of my run was at this pace. Not to mention I felt fast and invincible. I've been making gains on speed quite quickly which has built my confidence as well as my fitness. In the midst of all of this progress I can't help but wonder when I'll reach my limit. In my version of Shan- gri- la I would work my way up to at least a five minute mile. Reality will see me somewhere closer to 7 or 8 minutes. But until I actually reach my peak all I can do is enjoy the ride to the top.

No comments: